There’s no longer a need for Canadians to line up at the border for hours just so we can take advantage of the many great American outlet malls. This summer, Southern Ontario will have an outlet mall of its own, full of top tier brands and retailers: Toronto Premium Outlets—owned by Simon’s Premium Outlets, the company behind discount shopping destinations in Las Vegas, Palm Springs and Orlando—is set to open just outside of Toronto.
Anchored by a Hudson’s Bay outlet, Toronto Premium Outlets will include everything from fashion brands, like Michael Kors and J.Crew, to home furnishing stores, like Restoration Hardware. And we haven’t even gotten to the best part! The centre will have the first outlet stores in Canada for some cult favourites and top tier designer brands. We’re talking Kate Spade New York, DKNY, Ted Baker London, Polo Ralph Lauren, Cole Haan and Columbia Sportswear, just to name a few. The countdown is on until us shopaholics no longer have to worry about agonizing exchange rates or how much we can take across the border.
Ready to shop? The Toronto Premium Outlets will be conveniently located in Halton Hills (near Pearson International Airport) and is set to open on August 1, 2013. Yep, summer just got a little bit more interesting!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014