Continuing with its cool kid associations, Aldo has announced its latest Aldo Rise collab with Ostwald Helgason for Spring 2014. The collection will feature sure-to-be amazing shoes and for the first time, a complete range of handbags as well. Heyo!
For those who aren’t familiar with the label, Ostwald Helgason is the witty brainchild of London-based duo Susanne Ostwald and Ingvar Helgason. The label’s geometric cuts, book-binder hues and exacting stripes have made fashion week fans of street stylers Miroslava Duma and Natalie Joos as well as Solange, who wore the label to her performance in Toronto last fall. “Ostwald Helgason has been on our radar for about two years now. Their subversive use of colour and pattern, the luxe yet effortless quality of their design sensibility, and the mash-up of fine art references with modern technology translates beautifully to footwear – so beautifully in fact, that we had to do handbags as well,” said Aldo’s creative director Douglas Bensadoun via press release.
If the sketches above are any indication, we’re sure this is going to be one covetable collab. Stay tuned to see the collection in action at Ostwald Helgason’s Spring 2014 fashion show in New York on September 7 and in London on September 13.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe