Target’s next designer collab has been announced: Peter Pilotto is coming (and it’ll be online, too!)
Hot on the heels of 3.1 Phillip Lim’s collection for Target (battle scars from yesterday, anyone?) Peter Pilotto has just been announced as the next designer collaboration for the superstore. The partnership was made public earlier today at the Peter Pilotto Spring 2014 runway show in London. Given how brilliant that collection was, we cannot wait to see what digital prints and bold colours will be coming to Target in February.
According to an interview with British Vogue, Pilotto’s decision to work with Target was motivated by the retailer’s mass popularity: “By working with Target, we’re able to broaden our reach and bring our design aesthetic to an entirely new audience.” Co-creative director Christophe De Vos continued, “Our collection for Target embodies the elegance and spirit of our own line, but makes it accessible to everyone.”
But in almost bigger news, Target also announced that the Peter Pilotto collaboration will be going international. They’ve partnered with Net-a-Porter to make certain items from the limited edition collection virtually available to everyone. Is this the end of lining up before the sun rises?
With the majority of the pieces pricing less than $60, women’s apparel, accessories and swimwear will be affordable for the everyday girl. The 70-piece collection will launch in most Target stores across Canada on February 9, 2014. Pencil in the date ladies, because this is one collaboration you don’t want to miss!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection