Holt Renfrew kicked off LG Fashion Week with a noisy, crowded bang last night—editors and buyers (and a one Mr. Jay Manuel) got to know each other really, really well, all squished in together on benches in the tents at David Pecaut Square. As is their wont, Holts sent out micro collections from eight of their Canadian best—for whom the question of whether their collections will actually make it to stores has already been settled. The best bits, in order…
Jeremy Laing: A pale grey apron dress was carpenter meets lab tech meets really cute and unusual sundress.
Smythe: An elegant sky-blue jacket with long, curved lapels would look smashing on royal Smythe fan Ms. Middleton.
Naked & Famous: Cute boys paraded sleek denim trousers in black, brick red, stone, dark wash and a restrained dark plaid that would be a brilliant entry-level patternedtrouser for a cautiously fashionable gent.
TwentyCluny: Club-ready sparkly everything.
Denis Gagnon: Tiny flowers rambling across a black cotton background was a nice choice of fabric for a relaxed cropped pant suit.
Dennis Merotto: Among play-it-safe pieces, a knee-length belted dress in a pixellated black, white and yellow print stood out.
Wings + Horns: Preppy dudes would do well to seek out these simple pieces with smart details, like a blue crewneck sweater with a low moto zip pocket.
Lida Baday: Baday-favourite stiff, shiny silk radzimir was employed in a bright tangerine shift and a sleeveless black vest that brought a sporty kick to a pencil skirt.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine