Foie gras canapés and black truffles galore: It was just another little Hermès cocktail party at the Faubourg store. Out, and I mean way out of the ordinary, though, were the four magnificent haute joallerie pieces created by Pierre Hardy. There were solid gold and diamond Birkin and Kelly bags, both about the size of evening clutch. There was also a gold mesh bag with diamond bit handle and heart-shaped tangle of diamond chaine d’ancre strands. Each piece can be worn on the wrist and or hung on a wall—these are true works of art. Hardy also showed a number of new diamond bangles and cuffs for Hermès —each more classic and covetable than the next.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014