TFW Diary: Greta Constantine turns out 52 sharp-shouldered, jewel-toned, and chunky-knit looks for fall
When it comes to a Greta Constantine show, there are a couple of things an editor can expect: 1. It will be an hour late 2. Their signature draped dresses will fall somewhere in the mix. This time around, designers Kirk Pickersgill and Stephen Wong delivered on both of these points. While we’re always perplexed as to why they are an hour behind schedule, the GC boys did manage to pull two new rabbits out of their hat last Friday at the Bay’s newly reno’d Arcadian Loft: chunky knits and black-on-black tailored separates. Big points for the colourful cozy mufflers and Rooney Mara–esque sharp-shouldered dresses and leather boleros. Judging from the abundance of strategic and oh-so-sexy cut-outs, skin is fall’s best accessory. As for colour, it’s all about those rich jewel tones, darling—ruby red, emerald green, sapphire blue and amethyst. The miss of the night? The white backless dress. Women don’t want to accentuate their hips (hello, Zumba class!) even if the volume is set on low.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a Philosophy holiday collection prize pack!
- Best beauty tricks: 9 ways to take your skincare and makeup routine to the next level
- Nicola Formichetti’s Diesel: The new artistic director talks fashion fantasy, social media and denim revolution
- Oscar de la Renta launches a second collaboration with The Outnet
- [CLOSED] 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a pair of Strategia boots from The September!