FASHION contributor Zeina Esmail discusses five collections of day two at Milan Fashion Week Spring 2013:
I woke up yesterday realizing it was Thursday, which meant going to see the Prada show in the flesh. The experience of seeing such an influential fashion collection in person, whether good or bad, is like nothing else. Models walked the runway in punky updos and red stained lips. Shoes were a strange version of a leather ninja bootie Prada-fied by a delicate bow made of ribbon. Kimono-esque jackets paired with shorter-than-short shorts, mini dresses and structured cropped pants all had one common element: the Marimekko-esque doodle flowers.
Reaction? Undecided, as many might agree.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014