Paris Fashion Week Spring 2013 Street Style: We spot Leigh Lezark, Cara Delevingne, Grace Coddington and more!
If street style photography was a round of Bingo, our photographer, Stefani Yarhi would be yelling Old MacDonald’s dog’s name at the top of her lungs.
Anna Dello Russo? Check! Balenciaga sci-fi sweater? Check! Cara Delevingne making a funny face? Check! Grace Coddington’s red hair? Check!
On day one of Paris Fashion Week, Yarhi captured it all—despite the poor weather. The theme of day one was wearing animal and we don’t mean prints. It was either leather or fur, whether it was a leather motorcycle jacket or a fluffy fur vest, the show goers showed how to layer in la pluie (rain in French because we’re in Paris, y’all).
Oversized menswear inspired coats were also spotted as a means of keeping warm, and it seems that not putting your arms in your sleeves is making a comeback (take that mom!).
Misshapes DJ come fashion It girl Leigh Lezark embraced her inner goth and sported an oversized cross and all black everything. Cara Delevingne put on a funny face in a graphic tank top and a letterman jacket and seemed to ignore the woman attempting to get a quote from her. Her facial expressions have become an unsung star of backstage photography from the Spring 2013 season.
And in national news, the fashion director for The Bay, Suzanne Timmins, was spotted in all black (another theme of day one) with her arms free from her coat in what appears to a power stroll. And Sarah Chavez, a fellow canuck, was seen sporting a robe like coat and printed sweater.
Let the Paris Fashion Week games begin!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid: From lipstick to nail polish to blush, purple is the colour of 2014
- Anna Kendrick vs. Nina Dobrev: Who wore Elie Saab best on the red carpet?
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab