Street Style, New York: 17 photos of fur, plaid and coat-over-coat layers outside Fall 2013 fashion week
It’s on! The first day of New York Fashion Week already under our belts and we’re slowly but surely getting back into the street style spin. Despite the snow, the fashion flock has returned to mount Lincoln (Center) to show off between shows that yesterday included BCBG, Richard Chai Love, Creatures of the Wind and homegirl Tanya Taylor. It’s pretty frigid out, and so far it looks like people are keeping it real (save for the bare legged Lauren Santo Domingo at last night’s Dannijo presentation party). Furs, heavy plaids and coat-over-coat layers were all favourites for practical cold weather dressing within these first 17 selects. The 1990s grunge trend seems a perfect match for the weather as well, with many of these ladies sporting button down plaid shirts tied at the waist and worn over shorts layers with toques and bowler hats à la Bridget Fonda in Singles. Oh yes. Stay tuned for our next batch of photos on Monday and enjoy these grungy nuggets in the meantime.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014