Winter whiteouts wreaked havoc on highways (and hair) over the last couple of days but they didn’t blow onto the runways at New York Fashion Week Fall 2013. From the neon green topper I spied in the crowd at Diane Von Furstenberg to the resplendent Oscar-worthy gowns at Zac Posen drenched in rich vibrant hues (Plum! Ink! Bordeaux!), it’s clear that pale was a fail on the Sunday runways. Over at the tents, Diane Von Furstenberg heat things up with her electric, glam rock show–complete with pretty young things like Katharine McPhee and Vanessa Hudgens sitting front row and a collection that screamed “Life of the Party.” Think coats with luxe lizard coatings, rabbit fur vests, snake zip clutches and fluttery chiffon halter neck maxi dresses– perfect for that 5-star warm winter getaway. Rockstar fantasy or reality? At DVF, it’s always a little bit of both.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Anna Kendrick vs. Nina Dobrev: Who wore Elie Saab best on the red carpet?
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!