Winter whiteouts wreaked havoc on highways (and hair) over the last couple of days but they didn’t blow onto the runways at New York Fashion Week Fall 2013. From the neon green topper I spied in the crowd at Diane Von Furstenberg to the resplendent Oscar-worthy gowns at Zac Posen drenched in rich vibrant hues (Plum! Ink! Bordeaux!), it’s clear that pale was a fail on the Sunday runways. Over at the tents, Diane Von Furstenberg heat things up with her electric, glam rock show–complete with pretty young things like Katharine McPhee and Vanessa Hudgens sitting front row and a collection that screamed “Life of the Party.” Think coats with luxe lizard coatings, rabbit fur vests, snake zip clutches and fluttery chiffon halter neck maxi dresses– perfect for that 5-star warm winter getaway. Rockstar fantasy or reality? At DVF, it’s always a little bit of both.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014