Well, that’s all she wrote. No more blurry runway pictures in your Instagram feed this season. Orange you kind of bummed?
It could be it caught our eye most because it’s the swatch of choice for safety vests, but it seemed we saw a whole lot of that colour for Fall 2013 at Men’s Fashion Week in New York. We’re not talking about the same neon hue we might have seen a couple years back, like that Jil Sander suit (you know the one). This was a burnt orange, and it was everywhere from a Mackintosh at Mark McNairy New Amsterdam to a window pane on a grey double breasted suit at Michael Bastian.
Speaking of the devil, one of the preppiest collections got a little moodier this year. Bastian’s designs were kind of like looking into Ichabod Crane’s closet, if Ichabod Crane was an Eighties arts student (Paging Baz Luhrmann!) Wide-brimmed hats and baseball jackets got plenty of runway time across the board and expect to see a lot more green suits for Fall 2013.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014