Forget diamonds, everybody knows that shoes are a girl’s best friend. As the Fall 2013 trends begin to emerge, so too do the must-have heels, boots and flats of the season. This round of fashion week has brought with it oodles of new shoe trends to look out for. From strappy suede booties to architectural high heels, the New York, London, Milan and soon-to-be Paris runways are filled with quirky designs that can certainly be the finishing touch on any outfit.
So far, many designers are reinventing old classics and updating them with modern details. Case in point: high-heeled loafers, seen at Mulberry, Rag & Bone and Moschino, which gave a new feminine twist to menswear’s most classic shoe by using fresh yellows, and unexpected patterns. Speaking of unexpected combinations, one of the most unusual footwear trends is the emerging sandal-boot. Open-toe booties are nothing new, but this time designers such as Prada have created a boot customized with cutouts around the sides and front of the shoe.
Meanwhile, the standard fall footwear options still remain (knee high at Theyskens Theory, lace-up booties at Rodarte, etc.), but new patterns and shapes make for an interesting new new look for Fall 2013.
Throughout the season, we will be updating this gallery with the best shoes from the runways, so be sure to keep checking back! In the meantime, click through the gorgeous shoes that already have us anticipating the Fall 2013 fashion season.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Beauty Fix: How to heal your feet after a long night of wearing heels, a new trick for applying liquid liner and more
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a $250 gift card from Victoria’s Secret!
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid: From lipstick to nail polish to blush, purple is the colour of 2014
- Anna Kendrick vs. Nina Dobrev: Who wore Elie Saab best on the red carpet?
- [CLOSED] 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!