Judging by the parade of glittery mini dresses and glam floor-sweeping gowns at Pavoni’s Fall 2013 fashion show, it’s little wonder that A-listers like Katy Perry and Mariah Carey have fallen head over heels for this Montreal-based label’s red carpet-worthy eveningwear. This season,
Designer Mike Derderian and co-founder Gianni Falcone were inspired by the Golden Age—think gilded embroideries, laser-cut lace and clouds of tulle and taffeta. Peek-a-boo sheer panels added a sexy flash of skin to luxe column gowns, while boudoir-inspired nudes gave a provocative wink when paired with black. Here, dramatic silhouettes and second skin body-con dresses reign supreme but it’s the beautiful embellishment that leaves a lasting impression. Studs on lace; beaded fringe and ruffled peplums—sure, there’s a whiff of Marchesa woven in but Pavoni’s superior craftsmanship sparkles all on its own.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe