CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
Reporter Search 2008 contest is provided by FASHION Magazine. All questions regarding the contest rules should be directed to FASHION Magazine at 111 Queen Street E., Suite 320, Toronto ON M5C 1S2. Rules and regulations are available online at www.fashionmagazine.com.
- Only one submission per person. No purchase necessary. This contest will live on fashionmagazine.com and all entries must be received online. Eligible persons may enter by completing and submitting an original entry form available online at www.fashionmagazine.com. Any person entering more than once will be automatically disqualified. To participate, fully complete the Official Entry Form.
- FASHION Magazine and fashionmagazine.com assumes all entries are original and the entrant either owns the work or has permission to enter the work, with all rights granted therein. In the event that an entrant without such rights submits an entry, the entrant will not be eligible for the competition. FASHION Magazine and fashionmagazine.com are not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant.
Submission of any entry (including Online Film & Video entries) acknowledges the right of FASHION Magazine and fashionmagazine.com to use it for exhibition, promotion and publication purposes in any medium.
- This contest starts on April 8, 2008 12:01 AM ET and ends on June 2, 2008 at 10:00 AM ET.
- All entries become the property of FASHION Magazine and none shall be returned.
- To be eligible, entries must be received on or before 5:00p.m. (EST) on the contest closing date of June 1, 2008. FASHION Magazine is not responsible for any entries which are incomplete, lost, destroyed, delayed, or not transmitted due to technical failure, however caused.
- Twenty (20) finalists will be selected by a panel of FASHION Magazine editors on June 2 from the list of entrants. The chances of being selected is dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received and on the originality of the entrant’s written submission and photo submission.
- These twenty (20) finalists will be notified by phone or e-mail within 72 hours of the selection. In the event that a selected entrant does not comply with these Contest Rules and Regulations, or cannot be contacted within 24 hours of the draw, an alternate entrant will be selected from the remaining entries.
- All twenty (20) finalists will be featured on fashionmagazine.com and the public will vote on who they would like to act as a Reporter for FASHION Magazine. Voting will take place from July 8, 2008 to 10:00 am August 11, 2008.
- The candidate that receives the most online votes will receive a grand prize trip to New York City. This trip is provided courtesy of New York City & Company and includes a weekend for two (2) to New York City including a) economy airfare courtesy of Air Canada, b) two (2) night stay at Renaissance New York Hotel (Times Square), c) tickets to city attractions (Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Top of the Rock Observation Deck, MoMA, Hop-on-Hop off Double Decker Bus Tour, Harbour Cruise, On Location Tour and Museum of Natural History). Total value of this Grand Prize is $8,000.
Note: Prize redemption is dependent on availability at time of booking. Renaissance New York Hotel has the following blackout dates, October to December 31, 2008.
- Ten (10) winners will be selected on August 11th. The ten (10) winners will be selected by receiving the largest number of votes. These ten (10) finalists will assume the role of a FASHION Blogger* for a one year period (August 11, 2008 to August 11, 2009).
*Winners must agree to submit two (2) blog postings per month for a one year period. (August 11, 2008 to August 11, 2009). Each posting must be accompanied by a minimum of (1) photo. Winners will be compensated $50 for each blog posting that is approved for online publication by the Fashion editors. Total compensation available for the period is $1,200 and will be sent by mail in quarterly installments.
- The ten (10) winners will also receive a Virgin Mobile phone and $100 in pre-paid services. Any service charges over and above the $100 pre-payment provided will be incurred by the ten (10) winners. Total value of the phone and pre-paid service is a minimum of $200 each.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize with a prize of equal value whatsoever. All federal, provincial and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- This Contest is open to all residents of Canada, including residents of Quebec, and excluding employees of St. Joseph Media and their respective interactive, advertising and promotional agencies, persons with whom any of the above are domiciled and/or members of their respective immediate families.
- The Regis Des Alcools monitors and regulates any contests open to Quebec residents. Any litigation respecting the conduct and organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Règie des Alcools des Courses et des Jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Règie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Participants in the contest agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of FASHION Magazine and the prize sponsors.
- The entrants selected for a prize will be required to correctly answer a time limited skill testing question before being declared a prize winner. The prize winner must sign the Waiver/Release of liability as a condition to and in advance of receiving the prize in favour of FASHION Magazine and the other sponsors such that none of them shall be liable for the use or misuse of the Prize (parent or legal guardian will be asked to sign this form on behalf of the winner if the selected winner is under the age of 18). FASHION Magazine and the other sponsors assume no responsibility for the participation in the contest, or any liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, damage or personal injury that may be sustained by either the winner of the Prize or his/her guest.
- Participation in the contest constitutes permission to FASHION Magazine and the sponsors and their agencies to use the name, photograph and/or likeness of the winner (and his/her guest) purposes of promotion, advertising, and trade without further compensation.
- By participating in this contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations. The decisions of the contest judges are final. FASHION Magazine and the sponsors are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice or to change the Rules and Regulations. Contact or correspondence will occur only with selected entrants. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and regulations.