Inside Holt Renfrew’s blog fête: Toronto’s finest Man Repeller enthusiasts looking unfortunately sexy
If not for the many male accoutrements and red lips, we’d have spotted the largest convergence of stylish man repellers in the city at Holt Renfrew on Tuesday night. Gathered to meet their maker, Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine, at the launch of Holts’ in-house blog, Holts Muse, said repellers looked, well, unfortunately sexy, gussied up in many a layered shirt/sweater/skirt combo. The most un-man repellent of the bunch, Holts fashion gal Mackenzie Yeates, wore a set of lace-veiled bunny ears atop an all-black getup, while Holts PR’s Amina Said donned a pair of skin-tight leather pants. Meanwhile, the Man Repeller herself—in the MOST amazing bejewelled Dannijo necklace, we might add—rattled off her top five tips to dressing just like her:
1. White t-shirt
2. Crop top over t-shirt
3. Chambray button-up unbuttoned
4. Leather jacket
5. Sequin pencil skirt
Well, if there’s a man out there who doesn’t get sequins, then we don’t want him anyway.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups
- Kate Middleton wears a glittering tiara for a lavish white-tie reception with the Queen
- Inside Frocktail Party 2013: Chic guests bidding on chic clothes for a cause
- Try this now: How to get peach-pink hair just like Sienna Miller