Inside Holt Renfrew’s blog fête: Toronto’s finest Man Repeller enthusiasts looking unfortunately sexy
If not for the many male accoutrements and red lips, we’d have spotted the largest convergence of stylish man repellers in the city at Holt Renfrew on Tuesday night. Gathered to meet their maker, Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine, at the launch of Holts’ in-house blog, Holts Muse, said repellers looked, well, unfortunately sexy, gussied up in many a layered shirt/sweater/skirt combo. The most un-man repellent of the bunch, Holts fashion gal Mackenzie Yeates, wore a set of lace-veiled bunny ears atop an all-black getup, while Holts PR’s Amina Said donned a pair of skin-tight leather pants. Meanwhile, the Man Repeller herself—in the MOST amazing bejewelled Dannijo necklace, we might add—rattled off her top five tips to dressing just like her:
1. White t-shirt
2. Crop top over t-shirt
3. Chambray button-up unbuttoned
4. Leather jacket
5. Sequin pencil skirt
Well, if there’s a man out there who doesn’t get sequins, then we don’t want him anyway.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Bellavance Fall 2014: Strictness meets sex appeal in this New York duo’s latest collection
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more