Was Michelle Williams the best pick to play Marilyn Monroe? View our picks and vote for your favourite Hollywood bombshell
By Emily Burke
We’re still buzzing about My Week With Marilyn, the newly released film starring Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe, a great film based on the actress’ time in London while filming The Prince and the Showgirl during the 1950s. Williams is a premier indie darling, famed for her heartbreaking (and Oscar nominated) roles in Blue Valentine and Brokeback Mountain. Toss her into any indie flick and ask her to play the hardened but sympathetic beauty, and her many admirers will eat it up. She carries herself as a serious woman with a sharp mind. She is absolutely sexy, but it’s hard to separate that sex appeal from her innocent intellect or her pixie cut and teensy frame. Reviews of her performance as Marilyn have been split between raves and criticisms, and we wonder whether another Hollywood It girl might have suited the role a bit better. Who do you think suits the role of Marilyn Monroe best?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a Philosophy holiday collection prize pack!
- Best beauty tricks: 9 ways to take your skincare and makeup routine to the next level
- Nicola Formichetti’s Diesel: The new artistic director talks fashion fantasy, social media and denim revolution
- Oscar de la Renta launches a second collaboration with The Outnet
- [CLOSED] 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a pair of Strategia boots from The September!