Earlier this week, supermodel and FASHION cover babe Coco Rocha took to the stage in New York, along with Doutzen Kroes, to speak out on the matters of health and beauty within the modeling industry. Amongst her statements, the model mentioned being told—at age 15 no less—to look like she was anorexic without actually developing an eating disorder. In a post titled “Supermodel Coco Rocha is not anorexic, okay? She’s allegedly healthy—and beautiful,” from earlier today, torontolife.com discussed her remarks. We don’t believe the post intended negativity, save for the particularly bold headline, but Rocha wasn’t happy about it, as evidenced by her comment on the post, and remarks on her own blog. Do you think the article took the focus away from Rocha’s good intentions? Tell us on Twitter and Facebook!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a Philosophy holiday collection prize pack!
- Best beauty tricks: 9 ways to take your skincare and makeup routine to the next level
- Nicola Formichetti’s Diesel: The new artistic director talks fashion fantasy, social media and denim revolution
- Oscar de la Renta launches a second collaboration with The Outnet
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a pair of Strategia boots from The September!