Kate Middleton has won the title of Hat Person of the Year by the Los Angeles-based Headwear Association. Sure, the new honour may not be as revered as that of becoming a Duchess, but Kate won against some stiff competition, so that’s got to feel good, right?
Who were her rival mad hatters? Winning with 91 per cent of online fan votes, she crushed Ne-Yo, Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Rachel Zoe, and… Charlie Sheen? Really? Well, maybe it was an obvious choice.
The century old Headwear Association, whose motto is to “promote hat wearing and the headwear industry throughout the world,” has previously given the head-tilting title to Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt, but to us, Kate’s array of regal pieces surpass the past champs. Hats off to you Kate!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine