We’re suddenly finding ourselves craving a certain style of outerwear: the coatdress. While it might be a little impractical for our typical roster of day-to-day errands, Kate Middleton’s many outdoor-based engagements make it a winter wardrobe staple. (And bonus—it suits her trend of being thrifty: she gets to debut a fresh look without having to purchase both a new coat and a new dress.)
Earlier today, Middleton greeted fans in a wool Orla Kieley number while en route to two appointments for the Art Room charity. It has since sold out online (of course) but if you’re feeling the playful bird print, the brand is apparently a favourite at Anthropologie.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Holiday happy hour: 5 stylish cocktails to try this season
- Inside Chanel’s Dallas Métiers d’Art extravaganza: Kristen Stewart, cowboy hats, vintage convertibles and more!
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season
- Street Style, Miami: 48 shots of stylish folks spotted around Art Basel 2013