So many Kate firsts in one post! First number one: Kate wore M Missoni for the first time publicly. The largely British design–favouring Duchess appeared at London’s Fortnum & Mason alongside the Queen and Camilla. The three royals sipped some tea at the department store’s newly reopened restaurant, renamed The Diamond Jubilee Tea Station in honour of the Queen’s 60th anniversary on the throne. At first glance, the coat doesn’t even look like Missoni, but that’s the grace of Kate, n’est pas? Making each and every look her own?
And another first: Today’s outing marked the first time the three had been out publically together, and also the first time the Queen had been out publically with a daughter- or granddaughter-in-law. Such an outing was never taken with Diana. Oh, how times have changed.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash