Well, Mondays are not that bad after all. Yesterday, we unabashed Kate-lovers were gifted with not one but TWO new outfits, and a speech to boot. The first official speech since becoming the Duchess of Cambridge, and the first time speaking publicly that we can recall since this pre-wedding interview, Kate took to the mic at the Treehouse Children’s Hospice in Ipswich, England to share a few words of support as a patron of the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices. For the full two-and-a-half minutes, check out the video below and tell us how you think she did. (She sounds curiously like Lady Mary Crawley, doesn’t she?)
And now to the dress. We’re loving the reports that Kate’s cobalt blue Reiss button down dress belongs to her mother, Carole Middleton, but alas, What Kate Wore is reporting that the two own the same dress. Twinsies! According to the Reiss website, Kate’s dress is from 2008, but doesn’t she make it look fresh as ever?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Song of Style’s Aimee Song?
- Holiday happy hour: 5 stylish cocktails to try this season
- Inside Chanel’s Dallas Métiers d’Art extravaganza: Kristen Stewart, cowboy hats, vintage convertibles and more!
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season