The only thing better than one Kate Middleton is four Kate Middletons! Madame Tussaud’s has created wax works to be unveiled in London, New York, Amsterdam and Blackpool. Each figure cost £150,000 and required four months of work from sculptors, colour artists and hair stylists.
Each replica has the Duchess in a different outfit, making the exhibits even more of a treat for fashion lovers. London has her in the blue Issa dress she wore for her engagement announcement. New York Kate is wearing the lilac Alexander McQueen gown she wore to the BAFTA gala. A Blackpool replica has the Duchess in the pink Jenny Packham gown she wore for her first royal appearance after the wedding. And Amsterdam Kate wears the black lace Temperley gown she wore to the War Horse premiere.
So many outfits and so many Kates! Word on the street is interest in the Will and Kate figures might even surpass interest in the Queen. Wouldn’t that be quite a scandal?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection