The only thing better than one Kate Middleton is four Kate Middletons! Madame Tussaud’s has created wax works to be unveiled in London, New York, Amsterdam and Blackpool. Each figure cost £150,000 and required four months of work from sculptors, colour artists and hair stylists.
Each replica has the Duchess in a different outfit, making the exhibits even more of a treat for fashion lovers. London has her in the blue Issa dress she wore for her engagement announcement. New York Kate is wearing the lilac Alexander McQueen gown she wore to the BAFTA gala. A Blackpool replica has the Duchess in the pink Jenny Packham gown she wore for her first royal appearance after the wedding. And Amsterdam Kate wears the black lace Temperley gown she wore to the War Horse premiere.
So many outfits and so many Kates! Word on the street is interest in the Will and Kate figures might even surpass interest in the Queen. Wouldn’t that be quite a scandal?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash