It’s recently come to our attention that Chloë Sevigny loves Raf Simons (or rather, approves of his move to Dior). And if she thinks something is “cool,” it most definitely is. The tastemaker-come-actress told The Cut all about “out of touch” ‘90s fashion houses and Simons’ über-elegance:
“I think it’s cool. I think some of the big houses got caught up in this nineties moment and early-2000s, and I think they kind of have to refine their houses again. I think [Raf] is going to bring it back to the elegance that Dior deserves. Not that Galliano didn’t do an amazing job, but the bags and the merchandising and the branding got ahead of itself, and now it kind of seems old-fashioned. It seems out of touch. I think he’ll infuse the house with some real elegance and class.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season
- Street Style, Miami: 48 shots of stylish folks spotted around Art Basel 2013
- Wearing the grey trend: 9 Style Panel tips for adding some personality to fall’s favourite neutral
- Beauty Fix: How to heal your feet after a long night of wearing heels, a new trick for applying liquid liner and more