The Met Museum has revealed a sneak peek of the forthcoming and highly anticipated Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada exhibit in which Prada reveals her greatest design inspiration…aprons!
“I’m interested in the lives of women in general, which is why I love aprons. The apron is a recurring theme in my work because it is symbolic of women’s sufferance … It’s an emblem of women’s despair, their poverty, their passions. I love drama and romance. It’s one of the reasons why I love antique jewelry — I like to live the lives of other women.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014