The Met Museum has revealed a sneak peek of the forthcoming and highly anticipated Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada exhibit in which Prada reveals her greatest design inspiration…aprons!
“I’m interested in the lives of women in general, which is why I love aprons. The apron is a recurring theme in my work because it is symbolic of women’s sufferance … It’s an emblem of women’s despair, their poverty, their passions. I love drama and romance. It’s one of the reasons why I love antique jewelry — I like to live the lives of other women.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a pair of Strategia boots from The September!
- What’s in your bag, Song of Style’s Aimee Song?
- Holiday happy hour: 5 stylish cocktails to try this season
- Inside Chanel’s Dallas Métiers d’Art extravaganza: Kristen Stewart, cowboy hats, vintage convertibles and more!
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!