Kate Middleton is notorious for her High Street style (think: Topshop, Oasis and Zara dresses) but not everyone is a fan—especially shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood, who told The Daily Beast about his higher footwear hopes for the princess:
“It’d be great if she did wear [my] shoes … She just wears too much High Street stuff. I know she’s trying to be democratic, but I don’t know how many pairs of L.K. Bennett you can wear. She does occasionally come out and is wearing McQueen or something like that. It’s like, ‘Do that more! You’re meant to be a princess-y type of person, so act like one!’”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014