Kate Middleton is notorious for her High Street style (think: Topshop, Oasis and Zara dresses) but not everyone is a fan—especially shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood, who told The Daily Beast about his higher footwear hopes for the princess:
“It’d be great if she did wear [my] shoes … She just wears too much High Street stuff. I know she’s trying to be democratic, but I don’t know how many pairs of L.K. Bennett you can wear. She does occasionally come out and is wearing McQueen or something like that. It’s like, ‘Do that more! You’re meant to be a princess-y type of person, so act like one!’”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine