Finally, a reality show we’re actually excited for! Reps for Andrej Pejic, the world’s most famous androgynous, gender-bending model (and our February cover star), have finally confirmed the blonde stunner’s forthcoming reality show, which will trail Pejic for weeks as he performs normal model duties.
In an email to Fashionista, DNA Models (Pejic’s New York management) wrote: “It’s still in the early stages, but yes, there is a show being developed around Andrej,” confirming year-long rumours that were first sparked by a tweet from Pejic himself.
Also appearing in the show is Jadranka Savic, Pejic’s always-supportive mom, who told Australian media last year that Pejic was “the most beautiful girl I’ll ever see in a wedding dress” after he closed the Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2011 haute couture show as a bride. “It was always that I wanted to be pretty, to look beautiful, as a girl would want to,” he told NY Magazine, adding that he’s always focused on simply being himself rather than playing into gender identity.
Groundbreaking gender-bending aside, we think Pejic will be incredible reality show fodder: this is the person who staged a fake pregnancy at an airport just to mess with reporters, after all.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe