Kate’s on Vanity Fair’s International Best-Dressed List (of course!) as well as the cover of their September issue
This time there’s no photoshoppery required: Kate Middleton is one of Vanity Fair‘s September covers, but the magazine chose to use an actual photo of the duchess instead of pulling a Marie Claire South Africa. (The picture in question is from last year’s visit to Los Angeles, when Will and Kate attended the BAFTA Awards.) The white Alexander McQueen gown Kate wore to the event is just one of the many (many!) reasons she’s made the magazine’s International Best Dressed list—Kate’s power to sell out any item she wears is another, and one the magazine is hoping to harness. Subscribers will be sent a different cover with another of-the-moment style icon, Jessica Chastain, while the newsstand version is the one that’s been Kate-ified. Also to our delight, the issue contains many previously unpublished details about Will and Kate’s private lives, such as their love for marathon watching sessions of an entire TV series on DVD. Royals—they’re just like us!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups