Kate’s on Vanity Fair’s International Best-Dressed List (of course!) as well as the cover of their September issue
This time there’s no photoshoppery required: Kate Middleton is one of Vanity Fair‘s September covers, but the magazine chose to use an actual photo of the duchess instead of pulling a Marie Claire South Africa. (The picture in question is from last year’s visit to Los Angeles, when Will and Kate attended the BAFTA Awards.) The white Alexander McQueen gown Kate wore to the event is just one of the many (many!) reasons she’s made the magazine’s International Best Dressed list—Kate’s power to sell out any item she wears is another, and one the magazine is hoping to harness. Subscribers will be sent a different cover with another of-the-moment style icon, Jessica Chastain, while the newsstand version is the one that’s been Kate-ified. Also to our delight, the issue contains many previously unpublished details about Will and Kate’s private lives, such as their love for marathon watching sessions of an entire TV series on DVD. Royals—they’re just like us!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014