Silver statues of David Beckham will be unveiled in conjunction with his second bodywear collection for H&M
Like Michelangelo’s David, David Beckham’s body is one of the most celebrated works of art of our time. It’s only fitting then that Beckham is also set to be immortalized in nine 10-foot statues of his hot, hot likeness. The silver statues are part of Beckham’s second bodywear collection for H&M, and they’ll be dotted about the retailer’s New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco locations from Thursday to Sunday.
Not only will locals get the chance to ogle the larger-than-life Beckhams (in underwear, no less), but those who Instagram a photo of the statue with the hashtag #HMBeckham will be in the running for a slew of prizes, including 10 mini statues of him (perfect stocking stuffers), a signed pair of undies and a $1,000 shopping spree at the Swedish retail giant. We haven’t gotten word yet as to why the Great White North is being left out of this gift from god (a.k.a. the manufacturers of the statues), but the States are just a hop and a skip away, right?
After the contest is over, the statues will carry on their retail tenure until August 31. Though it’s not known yet what will happen with them once the month is up, we hope at least one of them makes it into Victoria Beckham’s hold.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a Philosophy holiday collection prize pack!
- Best beauty tricks: 9 ways to take your skincare and makeup routine to the next level
- Nicola Formichetti’s Diesel: The new artistic director talks fashion fantasy, social media and denim revolution
- Oscar de la Renta launches a second collaboration with The Outnet
- [CLOSED] 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a pair of Strategia boots from The September!