Boss Style: Watch this exclusive video in which some style stars wax poetic about Bruce Springsteen’s effect on fashion
Since Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be gracing our fair city this Friday at the Rogers Centre, the release of Sony Music’s video honouring The Boss’s bare-bones style could not come at a better time. Featuring the likes of George Stroumboulopoulos and FASHION contributor Sarah Nicole Prickett and created by Laura Lanktree, the video has some of Canada’s best and brightest sharing the ways in which Springsteen has either influenced themselves or impacted bad boy fashion.
Springsteen’s timeless uniform was (and is) as much a part of his identity as his music. Eschewing trends as they came and went, The Boss’s dedication to tried-and-true blue-collar classics like a threadbare white T, distressed pair of jeans and a worn leather jacket showed he was a music-first kind of guy, someone who was firmly planted in his sense of self and had no desire of blindly following trends for the sake of looking “fashionable.” Watch the video for yourself and if you’re in Toronto, stop by Ticketmaster and catch The Boss live!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014