Gossip Girl’s top 15 fashion moments: We take a look back at six seasons of headbands, cleavage, Vera Wang and more
Now that the one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite has been revealed, it’s time to mourn the loss of one of the most fashionable shows on television. Since 2007, Gossip Girl has been spreading rumours, sending out blasts, and hiding behind
her his computer until the shocking finale yesterday.
Despite the social sabotage, twisting plotlines and the never-ending bad luck that was bestowed upon the Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl has become known for the fashion. From Blair Waldorf’s affinity for headpieces (headbands in high school, fascinators when dating a Prince) to Serena van der Woodsen’s love of not wearing pants and showing a lot of cleavage, there have been some seriously defining moments for the television show and the generation of its many fans. We’ve watched the characters ditch their uniforms and embrace wearing custom Vera Wang, Marchesa and Zuhair Murad as their lives spin out of control again, and again. And we can’t deny that we’ve enjoyed every moment of it. We’ve watched as the fashion industry embraced the show in return, with cameo roles throughout the seasons played by Rachel Zoe, Tory Burch, Alexa Chung and more.
Not since Sex and the City had we (and its leagues of fans) been so excited about television character’s wardrobes. As an attempt at healing, we’ve taken a look back at some of the best fashion moments from the last six seasons of Gossip Girl. Xoxo.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe