Kate Middleton celebrates 150 years of the London Underground and gets a “Baby on board” pin while wearing By Malene Birger
See all of Kate’s recent appearances »
There’s no such thing as too much Kate, which is why we’re pleased to report that the Duchess of Cambridge was up and about once again this morning as she visited Baker Street Station to mark 150 years of the London Underground with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. According to reports, Kate hadn’t been scheduled to appear with the couple but came along anyways. Why? “She just fancied it,” said a senior royal aide. Fancy that.
Much fun ensued during today’s visit, as the royal trio greeted passengers, toured the oldest operational carriage in Britian (a Victorian steam train from 1892) and renamed the S Stock train the Queen Elizabeth II. The Tube staff even presented Kate with a special “Baby on board” pin, which she found pretty funny in this video. (Where can we get one?)
Kate wore a dark teal coat by Danish designer By Malene Birger that looked very similar to this Rebecca Taylor jacket she wore last year. Just different enough, though, to warrant a new piece in the royal wardrobe. To accessorize, Kate wore a black wool fascinator (the same she wore to a wedding in 2011 according to HRH Duchess Kate), a black suede clutch, Cornelia James gloves and black suede heels by Episode. Once again, she wore Diana’s diamond and sapphire earrings, which she’s spotted wearing often.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection