The ever-glowing Kate Middleton has had a busy couple of days and while we’ve been monitoring every visible or invisible inch of her baby bump for quite some time, it seems that (according to mainstream media) yesterday was the first time it officially reared its royal head.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited the offices of Child Bereavement UK, a charity which helps families rebuild when children lose loved ones or when a child dies. No doubt something Prince William understands too well, the visit was a natural fit for the couple, especially as they begin a family of their own. Princess Diana was a supporter of the charity in her lifetime, and founder Julia Samuel was quoted as saying “I am so grateful for William’s support and proud of him for speaking so openly about the effect that losing his mother has had on him. It sounds so trite to say, but I know Diana would have been so proud of him too.”
Outside, Kate was greeted with flowers and teddy bears while wearing her new cream coloured wool coat by British label Goat (it’s still available for purchase here). Inside, while listening to music and popping bubbles with children and staff, Kate revealed a black Topshop dress with a cream Peter Pan collar. The loose-fitting style was a perfect choice, both for her personally comfort and for us oglers, as it provided oodles of room for the bump to, well, exist.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season
- Street Style, Miami: 48 shots of stylish folks spotted around Art Basel 2013
- Wearing the grey trend: 9 Style Panel tips for adding some personality to fall’s favourite neutral
- Beauty Fix: How to heal your feet after a long night of wearing heels, a new trick for applying liquid liner and more