While Toronto’s music lovers were busy at Arts & Crafts’ Field Trip festival, New Yorkers—as well as the many whom flock to their city for summertime hangs—headed to nearby Randall Island for the third annual Governor’s Ball. As has been the trend for most of 2013 thus far, the weather didn’t cooperate, with Mother Nature hurling the side effects of tropical storm Andrea at attendees. Despite it all, festivalgoers acted as Kate Moss before them and harnessed Hunter wellie boots, stylish raincoats and 3.1 Phillip Lim T-shirts as armour. Things got messy, but it didn’t stop ‘em. It didn’t stop the myriad of A-list performers including Kanye West, Guns’ and Roses, The XX, Kendrick Lamar and Azealia Banks either.
Governor’s Ball has a nice mix of international attendees, which makes for interesting apparel choices. Take Alia from Egypt’s skeleton T-shirt or David from Columbia’s barefooted choice or Kjersti from Oslo’s low-slung peace symbol earrings as just a few examples. To capture it all, we had two photographers, Style Panelist Gabrielle Lacasse and Sidewalk Hustle‘s Hawley Dunbar snapping the Ball’s best dressed.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash