While Toronto’s music lovers were busy at Arts & Crafts’ Field Trip festival, New Yorkers—as well as the many whom flock to their city for summertime hangs—headed to nearby Randall Island for the third annual Governor’s Ball. As has been the trend for most of 2013 thus far, the weather didn’t cooperate, with Mother Nature hurling the side effects of tropical storm Andrea at attendees. Despite it all, festivalgoers acted as Kate Moss before them and harnessed Hunter wellie boots, stylish raincoats and 3.1 Phillip Lim T-shirts as armour. Things got messy, but it didn’t stop ‘em. It didn’t stop the myriad of A-list performers including Kanye West, Guns’ and Roses, The XX, Kendrick Lamar and Azealia Banks either.
Governor’s Ball has a nice mix of international attendees, which makes for interesting apparel choices. Take Alia from Egypt’s skeleton T-shirt or David from Columbia’s barefooted choice or Kjersti from Oslo’s low-slung peace symbol earrings as just a few examples. To capture it all, we had two photographers, Style Panelist Gabrielle Lacasse and Sidewalk Hustle‘s Hawley Dunbar snapping the Ball’s best dressed.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014