The glam factor was out in full force at last night’s 83rd Academy Awards. If a little restrained, the Hollywood A-list came out swinging in frothy Marchesa (Halle Berry and Hailee Steinfeld), sultry body-hugging red (Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein Collection and Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana) and archival poofed hems (Maria Tomei in vintage Charles James and Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino… but more on her later!)
Our top picks? Cate Blanchett’s Givenchy Couture⎯”a real fashion dress unlike anything else on the red carpet,” says EIC Bernadette Morra⎯and Gwenyth Paltrow’s ultra-modern metallic shimmery Calvin Klein Collection column dress paired with Louis Vuitton jewels. Who was your favourite on the carpet?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Song of Style’s Aimee Song?
- Holiday happy hour: 5 stylish cocktails to try this season
- Inside Chanel’s Dallas Métiers d’Art extravaganza: Kristen Stewart, cowboy hats, vintage convertibles and more!
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season