From the Spring and Fall ’12 runways to the red carpet at the Academy Awards, it seems pretty clear: the peplum is in the building! Spotted tonight on both Tina Fey, in a regal looking custom-made Carolina Herrera gown, and Michelle Williams, in a tiered coral Louis Vuitton, this trend is certainly having a moment. While adding a bit of extra volume at the waist might seem a little tricky, both actresses are showcasing the look on two very different body types. So, what do you think? Will you be trying the peplum this year?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection