On Wednesday, Target rolled out the red carpet to celebrate its arrival into our home and native land. Walking on said carpet and heading towards the aisles and aisles of goods in the Danforth location in Toronto was none other than megawatt stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Blake Lively, looking positively springy with floral details.
Both dressed in light ensembles but we saw SJP in an age-appropriate outfit with white pants, a sheer polka dot button-up and safety pinned blazer over top. What really made the whole look stand out was the oversized flower boutineer on her shoulder, taking florals for spring to a very literal place.
As for Lively, the actress extended the hemline from what we’ve grown used to on Gossip Girl and opted for a pale watercolour floral dress from Roland Mouret’s Spring 2013 collection. Lively’s pale skin and pale hair and pale dress was all tied together with a bright pair of floral “Sissi” pumps by Christian Louboutin and the look didn’t even wash her out.
While both actresses made us excited for the arrival of spring, the two leading ladies took the season in two very different directions. So who’s it going to be: Carrie Bradshaw or Serena van der Woodsen?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection