Emily Blunt takes you behind-the-scenes with 3 video interviews about her Yves Saint Laurent Opium commercial
Since announcing Emily Blunt as the face of Yves Saint Laurent’s Opium, there’s been endless buzz about the December release of the perfume’s first television commercial in 10 years. With less than two weeks to go till its debut, YSL takes us behind the scenes (once again) with three exclusive interviews. Blunt muses about the importance of perfume and how scent is one of the best memory triggers. (Case in point: smell the perfume your Grade 7 crush wore. Holy time warp!) She also outlines what we can expect from the new commercial: “It tells a story through a sensory experience, the story of a girl who’s at a party in a rather mysterious place, maybe a castle… and she’s on the hunt for Opium.” Blunt describes her character as a strong woman who’s empowered by her addiction to the perfume. It’s a curious dichotomy, to say the least—but we’ll have to see how it all plays out on December 4.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look