The scoop on Carly Rae Jepsen’s MMVA manicure! If there was an award for “Best Nails” she would have won it
Best of all, just like Jepsen, the manicure was totally homegrown, done by none other than Leeanne Colley, owner of Tips Nail Bar and Revlon’s nail expert. “Carly kept saying, ‘I’m all about whatever you want to do,’” Colley told us, which resulted in a totally playful and definitely unique look. Colley started by adding a bit of length to Jepsen’s natural nail, with stiletto-shaped tips. Revlon Colorstay Long Wear Nail Enamel in “Stiletto” (a rich shade of black) was the basis for the design, but each nail was adorned with its own glitzy element, including 3D holographic glitter and black-to-silver fades. One nail was painted with a watercolour effect, and two were painted with hearts—which coincidentally matched Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” dress. And there was another heart on her fingers: Colley pierced the nail on Jepsen’s ring finger with a heart-shaped charm that dangled all night long and clearly brought some good luck as well.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion