Beauty Fix: Soothe sensitive skin with an all-natural SPF, cure ingrown hairs at the cottage and say sayonara to your itchy scalp in the summertime
I don’t seem to have much luck with sunscreen: my skin always feels itchy after I put it on. Is there a certain formula or ingredient I should avoid?
It sounds like you may have a sensitivity to chemical sunscreens, which is frustrating in the summertime, when protecting ourselves from harmful UVA and UVB rays in every way we can is essential. Luckily for you, mineral sunscreens (also known as physical sunscreens) are increasingly on the rise in availability, and with good reason. But don’t worry — they aren’t quite the same as the greasy stripe of zinc you may have donned as a child. Try Green Beaver Certified Organic SPF 30 Adult Body Lotion, ($22, at health food stores), which is a non-whitening formula that will apply easier than you ever knew a zinc-based sunscreen could. Benefits include broad UV spectrum protection, less need to reapply (unless it’s rubbed or wiped away), and last but not least, low chance of irritation/allergic reaction.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents