SKINCARE: “I try to be good but honestly, during my time skincare was not such a big deal. We didn’t really talk about sun spots or how to remove your makeup. We didn’t know about manicurists, massages or facials. I never put sunblock on my face.”
HAIR: “My idea of beauty is with my hair in my face. It’s like sunglasses—it’s a little bit of protection.”
FOUNDATION: “I don’t like foundation. I don’t like powder. I don’t think you would like to kiss foundation when you go to kiss a person, and it just sticks in the wrinkles.”
LASHES: “I use mascara, then I curl. It curls better, but it is more dangerous. You have to clean the curler very well so the old mascara won’t stick to the new, causing you to rip out your lashes. I’ve always done it like this so I think it’s OK, because my lashes are still here.”
BROWS: “I used to do something very bad—I would pluck all my eyebrow hairs. I’m very lucky that they came back. Last year, all the makeup artists bleached the models’ eyebrows. I hated it. I never liked that alien look…the trend is over.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue