Pastels have been making waves this year, and while they may have once been strictly associated with spring’s blooming flowers, they are one of this winter’s biggest statement makers.
Seen at runways including Jil Sander, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta and Acne, pastels running the gamut from mint green to pastel pink (the hue highlighted by this photo shoot in our Winter 2012/13 issue). H&M took the trend mainstream, by styling much of their fall and winter collections,—modelled here by Lana Del Rey and Frida Gustavsson—in the candy colours.
This week, we challenged our Style Panel members to appropriate the look for real life. The result? 14 stunning takes on the light and lovely shades photo’d everywhere form the skating rink to Central Park in New York. Our latest panelist, Melanie Morais of Born Lippy, paired two pop pastels with a contrasting black.
Question 33: What is your favourite way to wear pastels this winter? Read the answers now! »
Or jump to: ALEXANDRA NIKOLAJEV, TORONTO | BARBARA ANN SOLOMON, TORONTO | CARA MCLEAY, VANCOUVER | JACQUELYN SON, VANCOUVER | KAYLA SHORT, HALIFAX | KASSANDRA CAMPONI, EDMONTON | KRISTIN MACDONALD, FREDERICTON | KRYSTIN LEE, TORONTO | MELANIE MORAIS, EDSON | MO HANDAHU, HALIFAX | NIKI BLASINA, NEW YORK | SANDY JOE KARPETZ, EDMONTON | STEPHANIE STERJOVSKI, TORONTO | VICKIE LALIOTIS, EDMONTON
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look