Back in 1399, King Richard II of England wrote in his will that he should only be buried in velvet from head to toe (how regal!). While Richie may have taken the velvet trend a little too far back way back when, we’re still dreaming about draping ourselves in velvet in 2012. What could be more luxurious?
This fall, we saw velvet on the runway of Gucci as well as voluminous pieces made by Dolce & Gabbana. These lush pieces were then snapped up by celebrities like Katy Perry who looked pretty as a princess in Dolce at her movie premiere in Los Angeles and Kim Kardashian who wore the low-cut Gucci number with Tom Ford chain heels while promoting Midori.
For super stylin’ celebrities like Elizabeth Olsen and Evan Rachel Wood, it was all about the velvet pantsuit. Evan Rachel Wood wore a look straight off of Jason Wu’s fall runway with a pair of leopard heels and Elizabeth Olsen took a style lesson from her sisters’ collection, and sported a suit by The Row while cruising the streets of New York. And it just so happens that the pantsuit is a major trend for fall that will continue on into Spring 2013 (stock up!).
So because we’re into the velvet look, we’ve found 14 items of clothing for less than $130. Thank us later.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce