Downton Abbey recap: We feel rushed through the two-hour season finale, avoid the Spanish flu, and worry about jumping the shark
Breathiest voice: Sir Richard didn’t even have time to use his seductive secret voice to turn us on. Instead, he’s gone straight into creepy territory by offering to pay Anna to spy on Mary. And we see him eying Thomas: can a scheme between those two be far away?
Best “I know I’m a Crawley” comment: Well this is a tie, but we love how nonchalant the ladies are about how rich, beautiful, and desirable they are.
Exhibit A: When Sybil finally agrees to run away with Branson, the reason she gives is because he’s her “ticket out.” How sweet! If we’d waited years for our love to be requited, that’s certainly how we’d like to hear it! (Not.)
Exhibit B: When Sir Richard asks Mary if she is still in love with Matthew, her reason for answering no, is “As if I could love anyone who preferred someone else over me.” Well, glad that’s settled…
Best life goal: Boy, the servants are really taught to aim low. (Gwen and Edith were right!) Carson’s real reason for being upset over leaving Downton Abbey? “I thought I’d die here and haunt it afterwards.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents