Kate welcomes the Olympic torch to Buckingham Palace in her own take on Team GB’s uniform (It looks perfect, of course)
Well! In a stylish turn of events, Kate opted to save her sporty attire for this afternoon’s celebrations, which welcomed the Olympic torch to Buckingham Palace. First thought: she really has an eye for colour! You would never guess that those cobalt blue skinny jeans are not Team GB issued, but they are, in fact, Kate’s own pair from Zara. (Barefoot is one thing, but a royal in track pants? Never!) Her polo shirt is official though, part of the Adidas line of London 2012 merchandise. Kate also chose to wear wedges for the second time today, opting for an often-worn pair by Stuart Weitzman. We’re obviously into her take on Team GB’s uniform—it’s simple enough that there will surely be many Olympic attendees copying her style. So to everyone heading to tomorrow’s opening ceremonies: we’ll be watching!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party