Let’s face it: it’s November, the temperatures are dropping here in Canada and unless we want to get sick, we can’t continue to bare our legs to the world everyday like we did back in the summer. Thus, our legs need a warm friend to keep them company on these chilly days. Whether you call them nylons, pantyhose, stockings or tights, chances are we’ve all got a big drawer full of plain black ones to wear when the seasons start to get cold. This week, our Style Panel threw out the idea of only wearing boring plain tights and spruced things up by showing us how they wear patterned versions.
If you’re wary of pattern mixing, then let this be your chance to go bold. Even if there is no pattern in the rest of your outfit, the girls of our Style Panel show how easy it is to incorporate fall’s trends into your wardrobe even if it’s just on your gams. Polka dots seemed to be the go-to style for many members like Kassandra Camponi and Christina Cravero, while Vickie Laliotis showed off her legs that were covered in the ever-classic houndstooth pattern. So even if you’re not sure if you can pull off patterns elsewhere on your body, then just let those legs do the work for you.
Question 26: How have you mastered the patterned tights look? Read the answers now! »
Or jump to: ALEXANDRA NIKOLAJEV, TORONTO |BARBARA ANN SOLOMON, TORONTO | CHRISTINA CRAVERO, TORONTO | KASSANDRA CAMPONI, EDMONTON | KAYLA SHORT, HALIFAX | KRISTIN MACDONALD, FREDRICTON | MARTA TRYSHAK, TORONTO | VICKIE LALIOTIS, EDMONTON
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a $250 gift card from Victoria’s Secret!
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid: From lipstick to nail polish to blush, purple is the colour of 2014
- Anna Kendrick vs. Nina Dobrev: Who wore Elie Saab best on the red carpet?
- [CLOSED] 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown