Iris Apfel is exactly what we want to be when we get older. She’s inspired everything from a M.A.C collection to a pair of Jimmy Choo pumps to a tattoo on the body of Alexis Bittar PR Director Samantha Shaw‘s body. But don’t get the sassy granny wrong, she has more than fashion on her mind. The icon told Advanced Style‘s Ari Seth Cohen:
“I just would like people to know that I’m not some empty-headed fashionista who thinks about nothing but getting dressed. People ask me all the time, ‘What do you think about when you get up in the morning about planning an outfit?’ My God, if I did that, I would have to kill myself.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine