Iris Apfel is exactly what we want to be when we get older. She’s inspired everything from a M.A.C collection to a pair of Jimmy Choo pumps to a tattoo on the body of Alexis Bittar PR Director Samantha Shaw‘s body. But don’t get the sassy granny wrong, she has more than fashion on her mind. The icon told Advanced Style‘s Ari Seth Cohen:
“I just would like people to know that I’m not some empty-headed fashionista who thinks about nothing but getting dressed. People ask me all the time, ‘What do you think about when you get up in the morning about planning an outfit?’ My God, if I did that, I would have to kill myself.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks