New York Fashion Week Spring 2013 backstage beauty: Big brows at Thakoon, dripping nails at Prabal Gurung and Peter Som proves rainbow-coloured hair is still going strong
Walking through the poorly lit and totally creepy cavern that is Pier 57 to get to to the backstage area for Prabal Gurung really set the tone for his dark beauty theme. Paul Hanlon flattened hair to the head for a Sissy-Spacek-in-Carrie effect and ghostly complexions came courtesy of Charlotte Tilbury. She used pearalized creams on the skin to create an ethereal glow and contoured cheeks for a hollowed out look. To top it all off there were the awesome blood drop nails—the “blood” being a Sally Hansen shade appropriately dubbed “Angel Bite.” And finally, this is sure to be one of my top moments from New York Fashion Week: while backstage Prabal Gurung himself tapped me on the shoulder. “Excuse me, can you please take a picture of us?” he asked. I’m not entirely sure if the picture of Prabal Gurung and his friend turned out, since my hands were shaking the entire time.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion