Finally! We give you the scoop (and photos of all the couture gowns) from the 2011 le Bal des Débutantes at the Hotel de Crillon in Paris
We’ve been scouring the internet for pictures of the girls and gowns from Saturday’s le Bal des Débutantes at the Hotel de Crillon, but international photo agencies are holding tight to their copyrights. However, that hasn’t stopped guests in attendance from sharing their own pictures, and we’ve rounded up some of the best.
This video from French broadcaster BFM is also worth watching. At 0:06 you can see Canadian Misha Horne in House of Worth (which, sorry, just looks too much like that corset Pnina Tornai dress from every episode of Say Yes to the Dress!), Leana Mallya wearing Christian Dior Haute Couture, and Remy Fisher (her grandfather started The Gap) in Gaultier Paris Haute Couture. At 0:14, our favourite Sarah Margaret Qualley in Elie Saab Haute Couture, followed by an interview with Marie-Sarah Carcassonne who is wearing a Balmain Haute Couture dress. Then, there’s a brief English interview with Tallulah Willis in Lanvin. At 1:10, Alexandra Spencer wears Maxime Simoens Haute Couture as she dances with her Ken doll–like escort Hamish Khayat. And finally, the redhead in Carolina Herrera Couture at 1:16 is Flora Collins—she’s apparently writing about her experience at le Bal for Teen Vogue, and her mother, Amy Fine Collins, is a contributor at Vogue and compiles the magazine’s annual Best Dressed list.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue