Gracie Carroll, 24
Toronto | Gracie Carroll
When it comes to colour and my wardrobe, I tend to have a bit of a split personality. On some days, I wear nothing but black, white and grey. On other days, I’m a head-to-toe mash up of bright colours and loud prints. It really depends on how I’m feeling, but when most balanced, I come up with an outfit like this—a perfect dose of both sides. Introducing colour and print to your wardrobe can be tricky, but I think the key to doing so is pairing them with a neutral. If you find leather pants equally scary, you could easily substitute for a pair of jeans, shorts or a skirt in the fabric of your choice. Remember to keep your “standout item” to one piece, complement it with the next and accent with the rest (a.k.a. accessories).
Gracie’s wearing: Floral-print blouse, Leilanni. Leather pants, GAP. Neon shoes, Marc by Marc Jacobs. Ring, Yves Saint Laurent.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents